Al-Quds Open University
I. Library Card:
The Student’s University Number is the Library Card for the Students, while the ID is the Library Card for the Faculty Members and Administrative Staff.
II. Borrowing and Loan Policy:
- Lending Service is available for Library resources except for the items mentioned in Item (IV).
- Deanships, departments and libraries can borrow up to 20 books for 60 days without requiring a renewal period.
- The renewal of borrowed book/s is possible if the item is not requested by another beneficiary.
- Lending service is not provided to a beneficiary who has a record of late/ unreturned books.
- In the case of late return of borrowed books, the borrower is not allowed to borrow up for a double period of the delay time.
- In the case of Book/s damage or loss, the user has to replace an original copy of the damaged/lost item.
- If the damaged/lost item is a hardcover, the user has to provide an original hardcover copy replacement or pay the cost of the binding.
- If the user is unable to replace the lost item, He/she has to replace two other items that are determined by the Library.
- Lending services are not permitted for deferred or dismissed students.
- Books placed on the reservation shelf are not subject to lending.
- The Library reserves the right to call back any issued book/ Item at any time.
- Only the head librarian is authorized to grant the discharge of Liabilities’ Certificate.
III. Lending Procedures for External Beneficiaries:
Lending service is provided to external beneficiaries within the University's policy of cooperation and partnerships.
IV. Resources/ Items that cannot be checked out of the Library:
- References, dictionaries and encyclopedias.
- Scientific papers.
- Special collections, rare documents.
- Non-traditional information resources.
- Librarian recommendation upon the interest of the work.
V. Discharge of Liabilities:
The discharge of liabilities certificate is granted in the following cases:
- Change of the student's university number.
- Termination of the contract of the faculty member / employee.
- Termination of services.
|#||Beneficiary||No. of allowed books||Loan Period||Loan Renewal Period|
|2||Graduate studies student||4||14||7|
|4||Deanships, departments and university libraries||20||60||-|